Engineering Services Portfolio
Some of the main services provided by LWD are:
Hydrology and Hydraulic Studies
- Hydrological models. Floods studies and evaluation of water resources.
- Hydraulic models (one-dimensional and two-dimensional, steady and unsteady state)
- Evolution model of the snow cover (Rain-Snow model).
- River hydraulics and river restoration.
- Flood studies and cartography of flood areas. Flood risk analysis. Flood
Risk Management Plans.
- Development and implementation of hydrometeorological forecasting systems, forecast of flows and levels in rivers.
- Flood Early warning systems. Decision Support Systems.
- Design of hydrometeorological monitoring networks. Automatic Hydrological Information Systems.
- Design of streamflow measurement stations. Training and advice for the realization of streamflow measurement campaigns, calculation of flow rate curves and streamflow measurement works.
- Advice and design of Hydrological Data Management systems.
- Advice on meteorological models and products.
- Integration of meteorological models in operational systems of hydrometeorological forecasts.
- Quantitative estimation of rainfall by Meteorological Radar.
- Design of meteorological monitoring networks.
- Advice and design of Early Warning Systems for adverse weather phenomena.
Dam Safety and Dam Operation Studies
- Floods and hydrological safety studies.
- Verification and hydraulic design of spillways and outlet works.
- Advising and design of dam monitoring sytems.
- Reports of behavior and monitoring of dams. Development of statistical models of dam behavior. Definition of safety thresholds for monitoring variables.
- Dam inspection visits.
- Preparation of Dam Safety Review Reports.
- Elaboration of dam documents and reports, design and review of the Technical Archive of dams.
- Elaboration of Dam Operation and Maintenance rules.
- Elaboration of Dam Emergency Action Plans.
- Elaboration of Emergency Plan Implementation Projects.